Daily Tips for Coping with Arthritis
At B Enhanced Health, we commonly treat patients suffering from various forms of arthritis. While there is no cure for arthritis, osteopathy can hep to reduce pain, ease swelling and improve mobility and range of movement.
If you suffer from arthritis, carrying out every day tasks at home and at work may be difficult for you. Here are some practical things you can do to make life a little easier.
- Incorporate calcium-rich foods (such as dairy, nuts, seeds and fish) and foods high in omega-3 into your diet
- Control your weight to reduce pressure on your joints
- Walk regularly to help strengthen the muscles that support your joints
- Use a walking stick or cane to support you and a hand rail when going up and down the stairs
- Keep items that you use regularly in easy reach to avoid bending and stretching
- Use electric tools and appliances whenever possible
If you have any questions, or to learn more about how treatment from
B Enhanced, can help reduce pain and improve your quality of life, contact one of our osteopaths today!