Exercise Advice from your Osteopath
We all know that exercise is important. However, poor form and habits can have negative effects. Here are some basic tips to help you get the intended benefits and stay healthy.
- Start easily and slowly. Gradually increase the length and intensity of exercise.
- Exercise regularly. Even a few minutes of exercise a day will make a difference.
- Incorporate core-strengthening exercises. If you think of your body as a car, your core (back and abs) is the engine. They are important to protect and strengthen you. Talk to us about core-strengthening exercises.
- You should feel the effects in your muscles and joints however pain should not continue when you are finished exercising.
- Most importantly — enjoy yourself!